Cookie Saver can easily be set up by creating an account and adding NS records to your host provider. Next, you will be ready to deploy the Cookie Saver scripts.
This guide explains the first part of installing the new version of Cookie Saver (December 2020). After signing up, you will have to create a setup and activate the Cookie Saver service by adding NS records to your host provider.
If you have multiple setups, perform parts 2, 3 and 4 multiple times.
1. Create a new account
2. Create a profile.
NB: Read the password requirements!
3. Enter your billing information.
NB: It is recommended that you fill in your VAT ID. However, you can leave it empty and add it later if you do not have it ad hand.
4. Click the 'Sign up' button at the bottom of the page.
5. Check your inbox for a confirmation email (it may take a few minutes to arrive). Once the email arrives, click the 'Verify Email Address' button.
NB: Remember to check your spam folder.
2. Create a new setup
1. Log into your new account here: https://my.cookiesaver.io
2. In the top menu, click 'New Setup'.
3. Enter a name for the setup.
NB: the name of the setup is something only you see. It is for your reference.
4. Select the appropriate plan.
NB: You can check out the supporting guides on how to check your visitor count in Adobe and Google.
The next two steps can be confusing, please read carefully.
5. Choose the domains.
In the subdomain field, you can see the default name ‘fpc’. It can be changed; however, we recommended keeping the default name, unless you have a specific reason to do so.
6. With that in mind, enter the subdomain name you want to use and your actual domain name.
! Please read this support guide about subdomains ! It is very important that you input them correctly.
Now you should be able to see a preview of the full domain (subdomain + . + domain) on the right. The full domain will be what the user sees in their browser.
You can add as many subdomains as you need. Just click on ‘Add Domain’ and repeat step 2.5 and 2.6.
DO NOT add domains from different brands in one setup.
Multiple domains for the same branch can be on the same setup, e.g. for different markets i.e. mywebsite.dk and mywebsite.se. The same goes for different part of a website, e.g. www.mywebsite.dk and blog.mywebsite.se.
However, if it is two different brands, you must create two different setups.
7. When you entered all the domains, click the 'Create' to start the creation process.
8. The setup is now initiating. You will receive an email once it is concluded, after 10-20 minutes.
On the homepage, you can check the status of your setup on the right.
- ‘Initiating’ means that we are working on setting things up for you.
- ‘Errors’ means that something went wrong, but don´t worry. We have been notified about the error and will come back to you as soon as possible.
- ‘Action required´ is the only status that requires your attention. It means that something needs to be done from your side.
- ‘Finishing up’ is the last stage where we are finishing setting up things for you.
- ‘Active’ means that your setup and is up and running.
3. Set up the DNS records
1. Check your inbox. You should have received an email with your DNS records, called type ‘NS’ records. You will need these for the next step.
2. Set up your DNS.
In this step you should create DNS records with your DNS provider (who you bought your domain from). This varies from provider to provider. If you have no idea how to do it, ask your DNS provider or forward the email to your IT department, they will know.
3. When you created the DNS records, log into the new account / refresh the page.
4. Find your setup, now with status ‘Action required’ and click the 'Edit' button.
5. Click the 'Validate all DNS' button.
6. If the DNS validation was successful, the remaining part of the creation process will commence. The process may take up to 30 minutes - 1 hour.
7. Refresh the page occasionally, until the status changes from ‘Finishing up’ to 'Active'. The setup is now active.
Deployment of Cookie Saver scripts
To complete the installation, you need to deploy two Cookie Saver scripts: The Preload script and the Tag Manager script. You can find them under 'Script Instructions' in your account.
Now, follow the instructions on how to deploy the Cookie Saver scripts.
Other relevant information
Cancelling the setup
Clicking the ‘Cancel setup’ button means that:
- If you are in trial, the setup and subscription will be removed immediately.
- If you are not in trial, your subscription will be removed immediately, but your setup will stay active until the end of the current billing period.
The status of the setup will change to ‘Cancelled’.
If you have existing setups, please remember to cancel your old setup after setting up the new Cookie Saver.
- Log in to your old account here: https://app.cookiesaver.io.
- Find the setup in the list and click the 'Cancel' button.
You can read more about how to migrate in this migration guide.
There are two payments methods: card or invoice.
The difference is that with the invoice method, you will be charged a commission fee. You can view the payment status and download your invoices from the profile section.
Please, remember to add your VAT ID if you did not do it during the setup process.
If you want to change billing information or switch from invoice to card, check here.
You can also choose to become a reseller at any time. Simply add your banking information in your profile.