If you are experiencing issues to validate the DNS records for Cookie Saver, it would be a good idea to verify that you set up your records correctly.
This guide explains how to verify your DNS and NS records with a simple tool.
To do so, go to https://dnschecker.org/ns-lookup.php.
This tool performs DNS lookup in the same way as Cookie Saver validates the records. So if the DNS records are not correct when looking at them in this tool, or not available at all, it will be the same when our service attempts to validate them.
1. To check a DNS record, copy the 'Domain' or 'Host' from one of the DNS records listed on the setup page in Cookie Saver account.
Note that the records are only shown if your setup has not been validated yet.
2. Once you've copied the domain, insert it into the search field on the NS Lookup page linked above. Then press the "Show NS Records" button.
3. To validate, that the records are correct, check that the information matches:
- 'Type' should be 'NS',
- the 'Domain Name' should match the 'Domain' / 'Host' from your setup page,
- the 'NS' should match the 'Name Server' from your setup page.
Check this for each subdomain on your setup. They all have to be correct in order for the validation to succeed.
If the records are set up correctly you'll see a screen similar to those shown below. The screenshots show the results for looking up the two types of DNS records for the fpc.cookiesaver.io domain.
Note: Changes to your DNS setup - like creating new records - may take some time to take effect. Depending on the settings chosen when you create the records, this could be several hours. Check the TTL setting when creating the records. Until the changes take effect, they will not be detectable by the NS Lookup tool nor the certificate validation process in Cookie Saver.
For cookiesaver.io we are checking that the NS are set up correctly.
Results for fpc.cookiesaver.io: